Effective Training is introducing live, interactive public webinars for professional development of engineers, managers and professionals, co-sponsored by IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society.
next to your course preference.
Coaching for Results
October 20 from 10:00AM to 12:00PM PDT| $350
Successful managers achieve their goals through effective coaching for performance, development and change. A coaching style of leadership involves a shift from telling to asking. It helps break the cycle of an employee depending on a manager for a solution.
A coach encourages the individual to resolve an issue on their own through effective questions, listening, clarifying and giving feedback. This highly-interactive four-hour skills-based course, provides you with the tools, models and practice to have those meaningful conversations that lead to increased trust, motivation and productivity.
- Define what coaching means
- Describe the attributes of an effective coach
- Recognize the difference between directing and coaching
- Learn key coaching skills: questioning, listening, giving feedback and goal setting
- Coach through asking powerful questions
- Practice coaching skills through exercises and role plays
- Describe the situation and approach to Coach for Performance
- Coach for development using the GROW model
- Develop active listening techniques
- Coach for positive and corrective feedback using the SBIC Model
- Understand different mindsets during times of change
- Role play coaching scenarios and providing feedback to participants
- Create a personal Coaching Action Plan