Effective Training is introducing live, interactive public webinars for professional development of engineers, managers and professionals, co-sponsored by IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society.
next to your course preference.
Thank you for visiting our public calender.
All of our 2021 courses have concluded.
We are currently organizing our course calander for 2022.
Please check back soon!
Know Your Communication Style and Impact
February 24 from 9:00AM to 11:00AM PST| $255.00
Working with people demands a deep appreciation of different individual working styles and the flexibility to deal with those differences. Learn your preferred communication style along with your strengths and drawback and how to effectively build rapport and influence other communication styles.
Know Your Working Style
- Why understanding individual working styles is important to you as a manager
- Benefits of knowing the four different working styles
- Gaining insight into your preferred styles of working and communicating
- Knowing the strengths and drawbacks of your preferred working style
- Recognizing the working styles of others
- Demonstrating flexibility to get the best results
- Identify the four types of listening
- Distinguish between inquiry and advocacy
- Seek to understand others’ thinking and rationale
- Ask open-ended questions to understand their viewpoint
- Acknowledge the other person’s thoughts and feelings
- Surface assumptions
- Articulate your ideas and viewpoint
- Five actions for effective communication and listening