Effective Training is introducing live, interactive public webinars for professional development of engineers, managers and professionals, co-sponsored by IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society.
next to your course preference.
Thank you for visiting our public calender.
All of our 2021 courses have concluded.
We are currently organizing our course calander for 2022.
Please check back soon!
- This event has passed.
Know Your Communication Style and Impact
September 22, 2022 from 9:00AM to 11:00AM PDT$255.00
Working with people demands a deep appreciation of different individual working styles and the flexibility to deal with those differences. Learn your preferred communication style along with your strengths and drawbacks and how to effectively build rapport and increase your influence with other communication styles.
Know Your Working Style
- Why understanding individual working styles is important
- Benefits of knowing the four different working styles
- Gain insight into your preferred styles of working and communicating
- Know the strengths and drawbacks of your preferred working style
- Recognize the working styles of others
- Demonstrate flexibility to get the best results
- Avoid communication stoppers
- Start conversations with listening non-judgementally
- Balance between inquiry and advocacy
- Seek first to understand other person’s perspective and rationale
- Ask open-ended questions to grasp their viewpoint
- Acknowledge the other person’s thoughts and feelings
- Surface assumptions
- Articulate your viewpoint and rationale
- Five actions for effective communication and listening