Effective Training is introducing live, interactive public webinars for professional development of engineers, managers and professionals, co-sponsored by IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society.
next to your course preference.
Strengths-Based Leadership For Individuals
November 3 from 10:00AM to 12:00PM PDT| $390
“While the world’s workplace has been going through extraordinary historic change, the practice of management has been stuck for more than 30 years. The practice of management has fallen behind how people work, live and want to experience their lives. We need to adapt.” Gallup, It’s the Manager: Moving from boss to coach.
In order for organizations to be successful in the new world of work, managers need to change their cultures from old will to new will by incorporating the six major changes Gallup found in their 30+ years of research.
- Identify the six major changes that organizations need to make in order to be successful with the current generations entering the world of work
- Understand the business case for a “Strengths-based” approach to leading their people
- Name their unique CliftonStrengths Talent Themes
- Claim their Talent Themes by identify their Top Leadership Domain
- Aim their Strengths by completing a Strengths Individual Development Plan
- Identify the factors that drive an engaged workforce
- Focus their team members through strengths-based conversations
- Practice the “Quick Connect” conversation
- Assess the Four C’s of creating a strength-based team culture (Connect, Communicate, Collaborate and Celebrate)
- Create an Action Plan for ongoing team development
Prework: Completion and review of the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment (instructions will be sent ahead of time)