Effective Training is introducing live, interactive public webinars for professional development of engineers, managers and professionals, co-sponsored by IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society.
next to your course preference.
Thank you for visiting our public calender.
All of our 2021 courses have concluded.
We are currently organizing our course calander for 2022.
Please check back soon!
Managing Unconscious Bias Through Messaging and Inclusion
October 5 from 9:00AM to 11:00AM PDT| $255.00
While understanding Unconscious Bias is important, it is only the first step to creating an inclusive environment that fosters belonging and inclusion and that comes from inviting diversity. In this session, we will not only look at what Unconscious Bias is but how it can manifest itself in the workplace in many ways. This program is aimed at raising our awareness to the thousands of messages we send every day that can either value or devalue an individual. While small, these messages can have a macro impact on overall morale and productivity.
In this highly interactive session, learners will experience first-hand the negative impact of micro-messaging and we will discuss specific actions that can create allyship. We will look at ways to minimize the negative impact of these micro-behaviors and foster an environment where everyone’s voices are heard.
- Define Unconscious Bias
- Discuss how Unconscious Bias manifests itself through Micro-Messaging
- Identify two types of Micro-Messaging: Micro Inequities and Micro-Inclusion
- Discuss personal experiences of Micro-Inequities and the impact on morale, relationships, and performance
- Discuss the impact of Bystander Apathy and the need for Allyship
- Discuss specific actions that can turn Bystander Apathy into Bystander Empathy
- Identify ways to move Micro-Inclusion to Conscious-Inclusion
- Define the four best practices to consistently bring Conscious-Inclusion into the workplace