Effective Training is introducing live, interactive public webinars for professional development of engineers, managers and professionals, co-sponsored by IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society.
next to your course preference.
Thank you for visiting our public calender.
All of our 2021 courses have concluded.
We are currently organizing our course calander for 2022.
Please check back soon!
Transitioning from Individual Contributor to Manager
September 15 from 9:00AM to 11:00AM PDT| $255.00
The transition from individual contributor to manager can be one of the greatest career challenges one can face. The move requires an understanding of the manager’s role and responsibilities, the challenges of being a working manager, and balancing your time.
Role of a Manager
- Recognize the challenges of being promoted to a people manager
- Shift required in mindset transitioning from individual contributor to manager
- Overcome the barriers to building trust with peers and teams
- Identify the key characteristics of a manager and leader
The Balancing Act
- Recognize the challenges in being a working manager
- Balance manager and individual contributor responsibilities
- Analyze your use of time to reach a balance
- Learn the dos and don’ts of effective transition
Managing Through Values
- Understand why values are important as a manager
- Define your personal leadership values
- Demonstrate your values through observable behavior
- Manage and lead through values for which you want to be known