Effective Training is introducing live, interactive public webinars for professional development of engineers, managers and professionals, co-sponsored by IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society.
next to your course preference.
Thank you for visiting our public calender.
All of our 2021 courses have concluded.
We are currently organizing our course calander for 2022.
Please check back soon!
Transitioning to Manager
February 17 from 9:00AM to 11:00AM PST| $255.00
The transition from individual contributor to manager can be the most challenging shift of a career. Whether you’ve made this transition recently or have been a manager for a while, the role of manager requires an understanding of the role and challenges of a being a working manager including knowing how to lead by
your values and align remote teams.
- Role of a Manager
- The challenges of being promoted to managing peers
- The shift in mindset transitioning to a working manager
- Traits of a great manager
The Balancing Act
- Balancing manager and individual contributor responsibilities
- The dos and don’ts of effective transition
Managing Through Values
- Why values are important as a manager
- Defining your personal leadership values
- Managing Virtual Teams: Working Together Apart
- Identifying the biggest challenges aligning virtual teams
- Applying best practices for leading a productive virtual team