In relationships and communication, there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach. By recognizing the different communication styles – assertive, aggressive, passive, and passive aggressive – participants learn how to shift and adapt appropriately to the different styles. The course includes best practices for managing difficult conversations and responding to the passive, passive aggressive styles and aggressive behaviors to maintain the relationship and a satisfactory outcome.
Participants will take an assertiveness assessment and receive a process for structuring an assertive conversation to be an effective communicator.
- Learn the “ABCs” of assertiveness: Assertive mindset, Behaviors, Challenging situation responses
- How to work productively with passive and passive aggressive styles
- Ways to manage aggressive behaviors and bullies
- Take an assertiveness quiz to identify your strengths and areas to develop
- Apply five steps for preparing and delivering an assertive communication
- Say “no” tactfully to a request